These are a set of 36 STEM Design cards that will inspire your students to create amazing inventions and contraptions.
1) Cut out and laminate.
2) Randomly hand out a card to every student in your class.
3) Give time for students to brainstorm and discuss their design with each other.
4) Give students the time required to design and draw their ideas on the provided drawing paper or your own.
5) Make sure they label and describe each aspect of the design.
6) Once completed, allow students to move around the room sharing their inventions and designs with each other.
7) Create good copies to display on the wall.
Examples of prompts:
Design a remote for controlling your sibling.
Design a futuristic wallet or purse.
STEM Design Cards
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,
Compressed Zip File/PDF